For many applications, simple concrete anchors are the most cost-effective option. They are most appropriate for applications:
- In still water such as lakes
- Where the buoy and mooring will be in place year-round
- Where the bottom is very rocky, preventing the use of other types of anchors
- For mooring scopes less than 2
- When heavy moorings can be set with ease (crane barge, etc…)
Watermark offers prefabricated anchors with 3/8″ stainless steel mooring eyes in 70, 150, and 250 lb sizes. Larger sizes available.
If you need to deploy a mooring where a concrete anchor is not suited, see the Dor-Mor and Helix Anchors.